Making the interview process as effective and efficient as possible is key to successful recruiting endeavors. One major component of an effective interview process is asking great questions, which is Step 3 of recruiting MVPs.
Step 3: Ask effective interview questions.
Asking the right questions in your interviews will help you assess whether or not a candidate is a good fit for the position. Here are our Top 8 Interview Questions to get you started:
- Why are you here?
- What attracted you to this position?
- What are you hoping to get out of this job?
- Why do you think you’d be a good fit?
- What qualifications do you have that make you successful?
- What’s your super power?
- What do coworkers say about you?
- Is there an achievement you are particularly proud of?
And here are 4 Bonus Interview Questions for your sales positions:
- How do you handle rejection?
- What’s your process for making a sale in your current or most recent sales role?
- In your last sales position, where were the most common objections you faced and how did you deal with them?
- How competitive are you? Give me an example that will illustrate this.
Another great exercise for interviewing salespeople is to reject them on the spot. Tell them you don’t think they’d be a good fit for the position or your dealership and see how they respond. You’ll have three types of responses. Some people will just accept it. Another group will be curious enough to ask why, but won’t try to overcome the objections. Both of these groups aren’t the people you are looking for. The third group will ask the questions about what brought you to that conclusion, but will also attempt to persuade you to change your mind—give this last group a shot to prove they can do it on the floor.